Support & FAQ
How do I sign up for the 30-day free trial?
Everyone who signs up for the monthly subscription is automatically enrolled in the free trial.
Can I cancel anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. This plan will auto-renew so be sure to make any changes 7 days before the end of your subscription cycle.
What equipment do I need? Do I need a barre?
No barre needed! I use a combination of the following items in most of my classes:
- Stable surface (this can be the back of a chair, a countertop, or a wall)
- Yoga mat or other padded surface (a towel on carpet is also an option if you do not have a mat)
***The items listed below are always optional:
- Mini stability ball: I use this a lot and recommend a *25cm ball from amazon, or something similar. A small firm pillow or rolled towel can be used if you do not own or desire to purchase a stability ball.
- Set of light hand weights (1-3lbs), I often use 2 lbs. If you do not own light dumbbells, soup cans, water bottles, or small bags of rice can also be used.
- Set of heavier hand weights (3-5 lbs), I often use 5 lbs. I usually increase weights slightly for biceps and back work, but going up in weight is always optional.
- In some of my classes, I use a light or medium *looped resistance band. This is always optional and adds resistance but is not necessary to feel the correct muscles.
*Please note that the above items are not sponsored
How do I use the videos?
Feel free to refer to the how to use the videos page for my thorough recommendations. Videos are filtered by targeted body region and duration. If time is an issue, filter your selection by workout duration. Videos range from 5-70 minutes. If you are interested in a particular body region, filter your selection by choosing upper body, lower body, full body, or core.
Why is there no music in the videos?
This is done intentionally to allow you to select the music you prefer as well as to give you the option of having no music at all. If you would like music, I recommend streaming it separately. If you have Spotify and are interested in creating your own playlist, be mindful the classes are curated to a 135 beats per minute (bpm) tempo. Otherwise, you can search for playlists that are continuous at 135 bpm on Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, or from your favorite music streaming app.
How often should I do these workouts?
First and foremost, listen to your body and find a routine that realistically fits into your lifestyle. I recommend trying to add even the slightest amount of movement daily. For you, this might mean doing a short video every day, or a long video every other day with shorter videos in between. Exercise should always leave you feeling energized and strengthened, rather than drained. I encourage you to listen to where your body and energy level is each day and let your workout choice follow suit. If time is an issue for you (as it is for all of us!), know that you have the ability to filter the videos by duration. So whether you have 5 minutes, 20 minutes, or 60 minutes for yourself, there is a workout that will accommodate. Consistency is key for increasing your stamina and strength, so find a schedule that is sustainable for you! If you have further questions about this process, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Can I join Living Room Barre if I'm pregnant?
Absolutely. I do however, recommend consulting with your physician before beginning any new workout regime. As always, listen to your body and move according to your comfort level, always being mindful of alignment, form, and safety.
Can I wear shoes for these workouts?
Yes. All of the exercises in these videos are low impact. That means there is no jumping or high impact movements. Therefore, I demonstrate the exercises barefoot. However, if you need extra support for your feet and ankles, feel free to do the workouts with shoes.
Can I gift this membership to someone other than myself?
Yes, you can gift a monthly subscription.
I have more questions, how do I contact you?
Please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions, concerns, or technical issues.